Saturdays, Oct. 16-Nov. 13, 8:30 AM – 10 AM ET
Cost: $89 – $119 with $30 financial hardship tickets (limit 10)
Anti-racism work for white people requires us to feel, think and act in totally different ways. We must develop entirely new muscle memory for relating to the world in this way. While we do that, the world will likely feel upside down and inside out. And that’s OK.
The practice of yoga — a practice of liberation — helps us normalize the upside down/inside out feelings. We build resilience for experiencing the world in new ways. We develop the openness we need to learn from perspectives different than our own. We calmly react when confronted with our own racist habits and tendencies.
Join Kathryn and Nicole — two seasoned yoga teachers committed to the work of anti-racism — to take a deep dive into how the practice of yoga can help you develop the tools you need to embody liberating anti-racism in body, mind, heart and soul.
We will meet each Saturday from 8:30 – 10 AM ET for five weeks, Oct. 16 – Nov. 13. To get the most out of this experience, please make a commitment to attend all sessions (though we do extend grace if emergencies and unforeseen circumstances arise).
Each class will include:
- Physical and meditative yoga practices adapted for all abilities
- Community building with other participants also on the anti-racist journey
- Reflective journaling
- Weekly practices that help you embody anti-racism in everyday life
This class series is for any white person wanting to go deeper in their anti-racist journey, especially:
- Educational leaders
- Spiritual/religious leaders
- Yoga and meditation teachers
Your takeaways will include:
- Shifting your awareness toward a better understanding of how racism works in our culture
- Learning to re-center individuals of color in our thinking and actions
- Using yoga and meditation practices to build resilience for the discomfort of anti-racism work
- Becoming aware of everyday habits that support white supremacy culture
- Naming your anti-racist values and connecting them with everyday actions
If you are ready to turn the reading you’ve done into anti-racist action, make a committment to attend this class series. To get the most out of this experience, we strongly recommend attending all sessions (though we do extend grace if emergencies and unforeseen circumstances arise).https://www.eventbrite.com/e/turning-upside-down-building-anti-racist-muscle-memory-tickets-170134640289